Thursday, May 10, 2018

Sweet Potatoes Chocolate Brownies



Hey everyone! It's been a while, and recently been so busy with my life drama and works and gym and business. Well, actually for the last year I'm just being lazy to blog.

And because of some reasons, I need to sort of improving my food photography skills, I did quite a lot of research and definitely from pinterst and youtube. And I found that dark food photography match my soul quite well. *nay just kidding.. or not.

I've been putting quite lots of interest on food photography these few months back, but since I'm quite lazy, I only snap it either on my dining table or with white fabrics laying on top of my dining table. Most of them are healthy food. You can check my healthy food highlights on my instagram page. I'm not promoting myself cause I'm guessing that most of you found this from my Instagram as well. It's just a reminder that I do had a lot of healthy recipe on my Instagram story. So this time, I put some more effort on the backgrounds and styling. And, here how it looks.


I would say that I'm still pretty bad at this, no proper camera (I took it with my OnePlus 5t phone camera), no proper equipment and so on. But thanks to adobe Lightroom, at least my pictures is still an okay for a beginner (yes, I am praising myself now).

Also quite recently, I am trying to diet again, or lets just call it eating healthy in order to cut down my weight. Since my lunch today got some boiled sweet potatoes, I decide to try to make this Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies. Yes, it's chocolate peeps!! I'd be glad eating this tomorrow morning for breakfast cause it got some oatmeal flour, and flax seeds.
took this one on my family's black marble dinner table.
Cause it's the easiest and looks okay for me
I'll be honest, the brownies doesn't taste as good as sinful buttery chocolate brownies. But guess what, it taste good if you are on diet and been eating greens for the whole week. I won't say it's a cheat meal cause it got no oil nor butter nor sugar. The sweet potato and honey makes the brownie sweet enough for my likey. You can add additional stevia or maple syrup or more honey if you prefer it to be sweeter. Fyi, I dust it with powdered sugar just for picture purpose and you don't have to. I'm okay with extra calories for a better pictures tho. Cause, check how bad the picture is without all the pretty snowy powdered sugar. Anyway I think I've been eating too much msg before my diet, cause it takes me half hour to find the powdered sugar. But it's all worth it after seeing this picture comparison 

left or right?
So let's jump to the recipe cause some of you might just put interest on these lovely guilty free brownies and not to the photography (but hey its a bonus knowledge). But before that, I would like to make some notes for the brownies, I added some flaxseeds for the extra nutrition you can also add other superfood that you wish, such as nuts or any other seeds. And I would suggest you to use wider pan since it might turns out more crunchy cause mine turns a bit mushy.

Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients
1 cup of oatmeal flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup of honey (I used dates honey)
200 gr sweet potato puree (boiled and mashed)
3 tbsp of flaxseeds (optional)
handful of chocochips (optional)
1 tsp of espresso powder (optional)

Directions
-Preheat your oven 180c and prepare your brownie pan with baking paper
-Beat the eggs with honey
-Add the mashed sweet potatoes, mix well
-Add in the oat flour, flaxseeds, cocoa powder, chocohips and espresso powder
-Mix till it just combined
-Pour into prepared pan
-Bake for 30 minutes until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean


Hope everyone who are trying to lead a healthier life could try this. It might be hard in the beginning but at the end its all worth it. Some people might say that I restrict myself too much, but actually no. I do eat 'normal human' food as well. But when I could, I'd choose over something healthier or at least incorporate healthier choice on my daily meal. And for the brownies, I'll try to make a better version of it and will share it again to everyone. See you on the next post! (hopefully soon).

2 comments:

  1. Can't... Stoppp... My droll... ��
    The first pic so lit �� keep it up~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support :) Should've make for you once you're here :))

      Delete